Training Specialist: Water Treatment & Wastewater Treatment
- Bachelor of Science degree (Honours), McMaster University
- Masters of Environmental Engineering & Graduate certificate in water and wastewater treatment, University of Toronto
- Ph.D., McMaster University
Years of Experience
- Water Treatment Operations: 5
- Water Treatment Management: 5
- Wastewater Treatment Operations: 5
- Wastewater Treatment Management: 5
- Laboratory Services: 10
- Teaching: 6
Years of Industry Related Association Memberships
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Control: 2 years
Instructor Attributes/ Strengths: Confident, Cheerful, Dynamic, Organized, Knowledgeable, Passionate
Zobia has over 10 years of professional environmental experience working in various capacities at consulting, provincial government, academic, laboratory and hospital settings. More recently, she worked with the Ontario Ministry of the Environment as an Environmental Scientist.
Zobia is currently a Professor in the School of Engineering Technology at Mohawk College and actively teaching advanced courses and labs in water/wastewater treatment, chemistry, environmental science, environmental regulations, and solid waste management. She is also a partner of a consulting firm, Enviro Consulting and Solutions, which provides professional services in the area of environmental science and engineering.
Zobia has demonstrated knowledge and understanding in laboratory methods as well as engineering theories, principles, and designs related to water and wastewater treatment. She has a Ph.D. at McMaster University where her research focuses on development of a decision-making support system to effectively manage contaminated sites.
Zobia’s dynamic personality and understanding of what makes a good teacher will be a huge asset to her in our classes. She is energetic, well spoken and passionate about working with students. We are happy to have her on our team.