President & Owner
Doug’s vision related to the development of training services for the water and wastewater industry, lead him to the conceptualization and establishment of the Ontario Water Operator Training Centre (OWOTC). The OWOTC quickly grew to become an unrivalled entity given its demonstrated effective training philosophies that gear themselves to the principals of adult learning. In addition to having good people on the team, the roots of success can be attributed to the original concept of making effective training more accessible, having it developed and delivered by seasoned operators and to include participative, hands-on opportunities as much as possible. This latter criteria lead to the establishment of two actual schools with fully functional “shop” facilities for the practical application of studies. Doug is recognized in the industry as a leader when it comes to training and has been a sought out consultant for both operator training and operator certification and has served on a variety of industry related committees. Most recently he developed the ‘”International Network for the Advancement of Water & Wastewater Skills” (INAWE) with the ambition to try and build a global network of trainers or organizations tor the purpose of sharing resources; raising the quality and improving access to operator training.
- 2008 – present President/Owner of OWOTC
- 2006 – 2008 General Manager: MacViro Training/OWOTC (GENIVAR)
- 2002 – 2006 Manager OWOTC (conceptualized, developed and opened)
- 2000 – 2006 Training & Development Manager, ENWIN Utilities Windsor
- 1997 – 2000 Labour Relations Specialist, Casino Windsor
- 1980 – 1995 Human Resources Manager, Westinghouse Canada